- 5-6 tablespoons of Besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2-3 green chili
- Vegetable oil
- Black Salt Powder
How to make Baigan ka Pakora or Fried Brinjal
- Put 5-6 tablespoons of Besan (gram flour) in a bowl then, add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic paste, 2-3 green chili, salt to taste and mix well.
- Make a thick batter with the above ingredients and add water if batter is becoming too thick.
- Cut the baigan (Brinjal) into two halves in a circular shape, then with one half again cut it into semicircle shape into a total of 8 pieces and wash them in running water.
- Take a non- stick frying pan put 1 cup vegetable oil and heat it for 4 mins. Dip the baigan (Brinjal) pieces into the batter (step 2) and fry in medium heat until it becomes golden brown.
- Garnish with sprinkles of Black Salt Powder. Baigan (Brinjal) ka pakora is ready to serve hot with coriander chutney or tomato sauce for evening snacks.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins