Aloo Vada Ingredients:
- ½ kilogram potatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoon oil
- 25 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 25 g small green chillies, finely chopped
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- 125 g besan/gram four
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
How to make Aloo Vada
- For the batter mix gram flour, beaten egg, salt and enough water for a thin consistency batter.
- Boil and skin potatoes. Mash well. Heat oil and turmeric, garlic and cumin seeds.
- Fry for a minute or two. Add mashed potatoes and salt and mix well. Remove from heat, add green chillies and coriander and mix well.
- Shape into small balls about 1 inch in diameter, dip in the batter and deep fry vadae in hot oil until light brown.
- Serve immediately with tamarind chutney or red garlic chutney.