1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 mug)
- One and a half medium green bell pepper, chopped (One cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeño or even serrano chiles, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounce each) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cans (Five oz each) Muir Glen® organic fire roasted or even plain diced tomatoes, undrained1 1/2 cups water
- One and a half tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp coarse (kosher or even ocean) salt
- One and a half cup Cascadian Farm® frozen organic sweet corn
Sour cream or plain yogurt, if preferred
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro, in the event that desired
How to make Vegetarian Chili
- In 4-quart soup pot, heat oil over medium warmth. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and chiles; prepare Five to seven moments, stirring frequently, until sensitive.
- Stir in black beans, tomatoes, water, chili powder, cumin as well as salt. Heat in order to boiling. Reduce warmth; include as well as simmer 30 minutes, stirring from time to time. Mix within hammer toe. Warmth in order to boiling. Decrease heat; simmer discovered Five moments lengthier.
- Top each serving along with leftover ingredients.
Vegetarian Chili is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 servings (1 1/3 cups each)