Lamb and Vegetable Soup Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cubed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups peeled, seeded, and sliced butternut squash
- 1 cup peeled, sliced parsnips
- 1 cup peeled, chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Warmth the oil inside a large soup pot, and brown the lamb meat on every side. Drain body fat, and stir within the beef broth and wine. Season with garlic clove, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring the mix to some boil. Reduce warmth, cover, and simmer twenty minutes.
- Add the squash, parsnips, sweet taters, celery, and onion. Provide a boil, then reduce warmth and simmer half an hour, or before the veggies are tender.
- In a tiny bowl, blend the sour cream and flour. Progressively stir in 1/2 cup from the hot stew mixture.
- Stir the sour cream mixture in to the soup pot. Take away the bay leaf, and then prepare and stir until thickened.
Lamb and Vegetable Soup Recipe is ready to serve.