Recipes for Recipes for lachha
Lachha Paratha Ingredients
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- warm water for kneading
- oil for shallow frying
How to make Lachha Paratha
- Sieve the flour and salt together in bowl. Rub in the oil and add warm water gradually. Knead until smooth. Cover and leave aside for 20 minutes.
- Knead again and divide the dough into 8 portions. Shape each into a round ball. Flatten a little.
- Roll out each flattened ball into a circle of 150 mm. (6″) diameter. Cut into 50 mm. (2″) strips lengthways. Place all the strips over the center one.
- Roll like a Swiss roll. Press a little with your fingers. Pour 1 teaspoon of oil on each roll.
- Take one roll at a time and roll it out into a round of about 125 mm. (5″) diameter.
- When you remove the round, palce it on your palms and lightly press towards the center to show the layers clearly.
- Heat a tava and cook the rounds lightly on both sides. When you want to serve, cook the rounds directly on the gas or preferably on charcoal. Apply butter and serve hot.
- Lachha Paratha is ready to serve.
- 1 cup Atta (wheat flour)
- Salt to taste
- Ghee or oil
- Water for kneading
How to make Punjabi Lachha Paratha:
- Take atta in a basin.
- Add ghee or oil and salt to taste.
- Add water gradually and knead to a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Shape each portion a rope of 12″ in length.
- Place the rope-shaped dough on a flat surface. coat the inner side of the rope with ghee or oil.
- Coil into a jalebi shape so that the oil-smeared surface forms the inside of every circle.
- Flatten the jalebi-shaped coil and roll out the parathas into a round,5″ diameter.
- Place it on a pre-heated tava.
- Cook for a few seconds till slightly roasted. Then turn it over and let it roast.
- Now, smear the top surface with ghee as well as the sides.
- Allow to cook for a few seconds before turning it over again.
- Repeat process of smearing ghee until the paratha is golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.