Lachha Paratha Ingredients
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- warm water for kneading
- oil for shallow frying
How to make Lachha Paratha
- Sieve the flour and salt together in bowl. Rub in the oil and add warm water gradually. Knead until smooth. Cover and leave aside for 20 minutes.
- Knead again and divide the dough into 8 portions. Shape each into a round ball. Flatten a little.
- Roll out each flattened ball into a circle of 150 mm. (6″) diameter. Cut into 50 mm. (2″) strips lengthways. Place all the strips over the center one.
- Roll like a Swiss roll. Press a little with your fingers. Pour 1 teaspoon of oil on each roll.
- Take one roll at a time and roll it out into a round of about 125 mm. (5″) diameter.
- When you remove the round, palce it on your palms and lightly press towards the center to show the layers clearly.
- Heat a tava and cook the rounds lightly on both sides. When you want to serve, cook the rounds directly on the gas or preferably on charcoal. Apply butter and serve hot.
- Lachha Paratha is ready to serve.