Chapati Rolls Ingredients:
Ready-to-Cook Chapatis – 8
- Onion – 1 large
- Tomato -1 large
- Cauliflower – 1 large
- Oil – 4 tblsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Tomato Puree – 2 tblsp
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup chopped
How to make Chapati Rolls
- Put a tawa on a moderate heat and when hot, put a chapati on it.
- When the base is light brown turn it over and brown the other side.
- Cook all the chapati’s in the same way.
- Peel the onion and chop fine.
- Chop the tomato fine.
- Wash the cauliflower and soak it for 5 minutes in hot water.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, removing and discarding the thick stems.
- Boil plenty of water in a pan over high heat and add the cauliflower to the water.
- Boil for 2 minutes and remove the pan from the heat. Drain out the water.
- Heat the oil in a kadai over moderate heat.
- Add the onion and fry, stirring frequently, till it turns golden brown.
- Add the tomato and fry for 2 minutes until it becomes soft.
- Mix in the chilli powder, tomato puree and ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the salt and 1/2 cup of water and mix well.
- Add the cauliflower and simmer till all the water has dried.
- Mix in the coriander leaves and take the pan off the heat.
- Lay a chapati flat and put 1 tblsp of fried cauliflower along one edge of the chapati and roll it.
- Repeat this for all the chapatis.
Chapati Rolls is ready to serve.